For the technical research track, we invite high quality submissions of original and unpublished papers of all types of work, whether empirical, theoretical, tool-oriented, or conceptual. We specifically promote papers addressing the deployment of the latest software engineering technologies, practices, and innovations to overcome the economical, social, and environmental challenges facing countries in the Africa and the Middle East.
Format and Submission Guidelines:
• No more than 6 pages for the main text, inclusive of figures, tables, appendices and references.
• Up to 2 more pages can be purchased for extra fees of $30 per page.
• All papers must conform, at time of submission, to the ACM Formatting Guidelines.
• All submissions must be in PDF format.
• By submitting your paper to AMECSE 2017, all authors acknowledge that they are aware of and agree to be bound by the ACM plagiarism policy and procedures. In particular, papers submitted to AMCSE 2017 must not have been published elsewhere and must not be under review or submitted for review elsewhere while under consideration for AMECSE 2017. Any violations for of this submission policy will be considered a serious breech of scientific and publication ethics, and serious actions will be taken in all such cases.
All proposals must be submitted via EDAS Submission System.
Papers must be submitted electronically by the deadline indicated.
Paper Review and Evaluation:
All research track submissions will be reviewed by two members of the Program Committee (PC). A final decision will be made based on the collective review and comments reported by the PC members. Papers will be evaluated based on the following main criteria:
• Novelty and significance: Submissions are expected to have sufficient scientific originality and significance to add to the state-of-the-art in the their respective ares.
• Presentation Quality: Submissions are expected to meet high standards of presentation, including adequate use of the English language, clearly readable figures and tables, and respect of the formatting instructions stated in this page.
The tutorials track aims at providing an opportunity for Software Engineering researchers and practitioners to share their experiences with the software engineering community through educating their colleagues about the technologies of the tutorials. Tutorials are scheduled for either half-day or full day and will include detailed presentation of the topic. The tutorials might also provide hands-on experience using technology related tools.
All proposals must be submitted via the online AMECSE 2017 tutorials application form.
Tutorials proposals must be submitted electronically by the deadline indicated.
What AMECSE will Provide for my Tutorial if Accepted?
If your tutorial is accepted, please consider the following when planning and arranging to deliver your tutorial:
– AMECSE will provide a room equipped with a data projector, screen and flip chart.
– Refreshments and breaks will be offered by the conference for attendees during the tutorial day.
– One free registration for the conference for the main organizer. All participants, including the rest of the presenters, must register for the tutorial.
– AMECSE 2017 can support the printing of the tutorial notes and materials only if the materials are available at least 4 weeks before the start day of the conference. Otherwise, the presenter must arrange for printing and delivering the material of his/her tutorial.
General Rules and Commitments for Organizers
If your tutorial is accepted, please adhere to the following in order to ensure high-quality and successful tutorial:
– Maximum number of presenters per each tutorial is two persons. Only those presenters indicated in the proposal can deliver the tutorial. No replacements or last-minute changes unless approved by the conference chairs with clear justifications.
– Tutorials are subject to cancellation if they don’t attract attendees.
– Presenters are expected to advertise their own tutorials widely among communities of interest in the topic.
– Presenter must generate a 1-page summary of the tutorial overview and objectives for inclusion in the main conference proceedings.
– Presenter must devise her/his tutorial to work within a few timing and logistical constraints. If any special requirements are needed it must be communicated during the proposal submission not after. There is no guarantee that the conference can provide all requested arrangements to run the tutorial. Also, it is important to understand that the conference venue may not have flexible room settings, so do not plan for any special room or seating settings during the tutorial. Most setting are in a lecture-style rooms with fixed chairs.
– Presenter understands that if the tutorial materials are not supplied 4 weeks in advance of the conference date, he/she is responsible for printing the material and delivering it to the conference venue on the tutorial day.
-Rooms assigned for tutorials are allocated based on the availability and nature of the tutorial.
Poster session aims at initiating discussions among researchers regarding their experiences in the field of Software Engineering. This is done with compliance to AMECSE goal of stimulating sharing ideas, problems, and solutions among Software Engineering researchers and practitioners.
All proposals must be submitted via the online AMECSE 2017 poster application form.
Poster proposals must be submitted electronically by the deadline indicated.
What AMECSE will Provide for my Poster if Accepted?
If your poster is accepted, please consider the following when planning and arranging to present your work:
– AMECSE 2017 will only provide a table, a stand to hang the poster on as well as electricity and network outlets. You are expected to bring any additional equipment you will use for demonstrating your idea (laptops, screens, hardware, etc.).
– Refreshments and breaks will be offered by the conference for attendees during the day.
General Rules and Commitments for Presenters
If your poster is accepted, please adhere to the following in order to ensure high-quality and successful presentation:
– The printed version of the poster should be printed as roll up with dimensions 100 cm (width) X 200 cm (height) . AMECSE 2017 holds no responsibility in case the printed version of the poster violates the the mentioned guidelines.
– Presenter must generate no more than 2 pages, including all text, references, appendices, and figures.
– Presenter should bring any additional material, equipment that will be used for demonstrating the idea (laptops, screens, hardware, etc.).
– AMECSE 2017 expects receiving the printed version of the poster at least 2 weeks before the start day of the conference.
October 17, 2017
September 15, 2017
|October 15, 2017|
November 21, 2017
September 25, 2017
|October 28, 2017|
November 27, 2017
|November 8, 2017|